Yellow Cedar is native to the west coast of North America, from northern California to the Alaskan peninsula. Yellow Cedar is classified similar to Teak in resistance to decay and insects, and similar to Douglas Fir in strength.
As a STRUCTURAL Component
- Up to twice the usable life of pressure treated deck systems or other structural softwoods
- Cost effective — can add as little as 15% to overall framing/decking costs
- Easy to work. AYC is a softwood and cuts, nails and drills like a softwood
- No harmful treatment chemicals
- Insect and rot resistant
- Long lasting performance in wet or dry conditions